- Combo Tour
- Falmouth Cruise Port
- Ocho Rios Cruise Port Tours
Seville Great House & Marcus Garvey
On this heritage tour you will learn Jamaica’s fascinating history and all about the various people who came. You will visit the Seville Great House, see important artefacts and learn about Jamaica’s first national hero Marcus Garvey.SEVILLE GREAT HOUSE
Dubbed the birthplace of modern Jamaica, the Seville property was where Christopher Columbus first encountered the Taino Indians on May 5thth 1494. Today the Heritage Park is a charming 300 acres property that allows you to step back in time to explore the very beginning of Jamaica’s history and culture. The Great House was built in 1745 on the site of the original Great House by the grandson of Richard Hemmings, the first English owner of the property. Over the years many changes have been made to the original structure. When the last owner died he arranged for the property to be given to the Government of Jamaica. It is now a museum owned by the Jamaica National Trust Commission. It explores the rich history of the Seville site.
MARCUS GARVEYMarcus Garvey was born in St. Ann’s Bay, the current capital of the parish of St. Ann. He came from humble beginnings to become a world leader, founder of the UNIA (now UAIA) and a National Hero of Jamaica. Visit his birthplace, walk where he walked, see the Printery where he worked, the place where he stood as he delivered his famous speeches. For the lover of heritage tourism and black history, this tour is a must.
- Pickup TimeSubject to tour time selected and pickup location; pickup time will be communicated when the booking is confirmed
- IncludedRoundtrip TransportationProfessional Guide
- Not IncludedEntry/Activity FeesGuide Gratuity
- Marvel at a wealth of artifacts
- Visit the birthplace of Marcus Garvey
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location